The government is currently considering a number of changes to the holidays act. These include:
- Increasing sick leave from 5 days to 10 days
- Allowing employees to take bereavement leave and domestic violence leave form their first day of employment
- Extending bereavement leave to include more family members
- Requiring all employees to receive payslips that included information on their leave entitlements
- Giving new employees 1 days sick leave from their first day of employment and then accruing their sick leave each month – a bit like annual leave
These changes have not been passed into law yet and may not happen until 2022 but we will keep you informed and provide more information about the exact details of these changes as they are confirmed.