Following the announcement by the Prime Minister that there is a case of community transmission in South Auckland, and that the greater Auckland area will re-enter Alert Level 3 from midday today and the rest of the country into Level 2 we’re confident that ‘we’ve got this’ and NZ’s team of 5 million will again triumph.
Key implementation steps across NZ are:
- 2m physical distancing in public
- 1m physical distancing in work places, cafés and restaurants
- Get those masks and put them on when physical distancing isn’t possible
The Golden rules for business’ at Alert Level 2
- Do everything you can to reduce the risk of COVID-19 transmission at work — we all have a part to play in keeping each other safe.
- COVID-19 is still out there. Play it safe.
- All businesses can operate if they can do so safely. Alternative ways of working are still encouraged where possible.
- Talk with your team to identify risks and ways to manage them.
- Ask everyone, workers, contractors and customers, with cold or flu-like symptoms to stay away from your premises.
- Keep groups of customers at least 1 metre apart, or 2 metres for retail businesses.
- Keep contact tracing records of anyone who will have close interaction for example workers, contractors or customers. Retail businesses are not required to keep contact tracing records.
- Reduce the number of shared surfaces, and regularly disinfect them.
- Wash your hands. Wash your hands. Wash your hands.
The Rules for business at Alert Level 3
- Businesses are able to open, but should not physically interact with customers.
- Essential services including healthcare, justice services and businesses providing necessities are able to open.
- Bars and restaurants should close, but takeaways are allowed.
But life will change again for a while….below are some quick links to the ‘now more detailed’ government alert level guidance that has become very relevant very quickly again for New Zealand.
What does Alert Level 3 mean?
What does Alert Level 2 mean?
And remember – we’ve got this. If your business doesn’t already have an appropriate COVID Management plan then give us a call and we can send you a word template to help.
NZ’s done a great job so far, have been praised for our efforts and apparently this was always going to happen…so let’s show this virus and the rest of the world our ‘kiwi-style’ approach to the health of our people and the economic wellbeing of our country will continue to deliver the best personal and business outcomes. #ProudtobeKiwi